There have been times when we’ve all pressed the snooze button one too many times before class, and that extra 5 minutes quickly turns into an hour, or we all have that friend that can never be on time because they’re too busy primping in the mirror (if you’re always the last to be ready, you are that friend). But we all know that looking your utmost best whenever you can is plausible. But, with hectic schedules and timing conflicts, sometimes our hair care can get neglected.
Here are a few super cute, easy, and non-time consuming hairstyles for PrettyGirls on the go!
This styles takes little to no skill! It can be super clean and chic or big, cute and messy. This style looks great on just about all hair types, and there’s really no right or wrong way to do it. I normally do this style if I’m in between hairdos or just want to take a break from hot tools. Cute accessories like hair turbans or decorated scarves can also pump it up to the next level of fun! I normally prefer the sleeker opt out but when taking out a sew-in (aka extensions, weave) or when curls have fallen big, messy buns are the way to go.
You honestly don’t need much aside from elastic ponytail holder, a hard bristle brush (tooth brush for the baby hair), edge control (Hicks is definitely my favorite!), conditioning moisturizer/leave-in, and a few hair pins to bring it all together.
1. Moisturize your hair with a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair shiny and protected from any breakage.
2. Gather all of your hair with your hands to the top of your head. Use a brush or wide-tooth comb to smooth out any bumps.
3. Secure your hair in a ponytail with an elastic band the same color as your hair to keep your bun in place.
4. Take the hair left out from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic going in a clockwise motion until all of the hair has been wrapped completely around (if your ponytail isn’t long enough to cover around thickly consider adding a few extensions to bring the style together).
5. Secure any loose ends with bobby pins the same color as your hair. You do not want the bobby pins to show!
6. The bun can be as loose or tight as you would like (the tighter, the sleeker).
Made super popular by socialites like LaShontae and Teyanna Taylor it goes with out saying, the messier the better! Essentially it’s the exact same steps as previously listed, the only difference is the bottom half of your hair should be left out. This hair style is definitely a go-to when your hair isn’t cooperating with you! It’s supposed to look messy, but it also looks polished and clean.
Depending if you want a symmetrical or side heavy look dictates where you should part your hair for this style. It literally takes about 2 minutes for each braid.
1. Start by deciding where you want your part if you want a straight down the middle part take the comb from your nose to the top of your head. It’s a sure shot to the perfect middle part.
2. Don’t forget to moisturize your hair! After sectioning off and parting your hair as desired, start at the crown and begin to braid the outer shape of your head, be careful not to braid to tightly it could lead to breakage
3. Braid hair to the ends. If needed, put rubber bands on the ends of your braids so they won’t unravel.
4. It’s totally up to you whether you want to let your braids hang or maybe pin them up for a more classic look.
We hope this helps everyone if you’re ever in a time crunch! Remember, looking cute doesn’t have to take forever 🙂
PABPG Collegiate Ambassador