Are you trying to achieve your dream butt but don’t have time for the gym? Well, we’re here to help! Here are 4 easy, at home workouts that help to lift and tone your glutes.
If you’re like me, you probably made a New Year’s resolution that related to exercise. The key seeing results from your workouts is to stay consistent. Initially you have all the intentions to remain consistent and dedicated to your workout plan. Let’s face it, sometimes you just don’t have time to go to the gym. Maybe you are intimidated of going to the gym.
However, you can still workout from home! Below are 4 simple workouts you could do from home to help you get that butt you’ve always dreamed of.
Workout One: Walking Lunges
Lunges are a great exercise that helps to lift your glutes. They also help to work out your abs, quads, and hamstrings.
• Stand straight; your legs should be about hip-length apart with your hands rested on your hips
• Step forward with one leg and bend your leg knee. You should end up in a sort of kneeling position.
• The heel of the foot in the back should not be touching the floor
• Hold for at least 3 seconds and repeat with opposite leg and foot (walking).
Workout Two: Squats (NOT Shots!)
Squats are a popular workout many women do to get their perfect butt. This workout helps to work your legs, quads, hamstrings, and glutes.
• Stand shoulder-width apart
• Make sure to keep your back straight to avoid any injuries
• Squat down as if you are about to sit in a chair and repeat (when you are squatting down inhale and when you are coming back up exhale)
• For beginners, it may help to place a chair behind you, squat, and stop just before you are about to sit in the chair. This will help you get an idea of how low you should go.
• After a few weeks, try squatting while holding dumbbells in your hands to add weight to the exercise and challenge yourself a little more
Workout Three: Walking Squats
This workout is a variation of squats. This is one of my favorite workouts on leg day!
• Same concept as squats, however you are walking
• Step to the side (one set to the right, one set to the left)
• Hold hands out in front of you while you are squatting… and if you’re really bad, add a jump!
Workout Four: Donkey Kicks
Donkey kicks target your glutes and your abs.
• Start on all fours (get on your hands and knees)
• Kick one leg up until it is parallel with your thigh
• Do a full set with one leg then do a set with the other leg
Walking and climbing stairs also help to tone and lift your butt!
Be sure to do three sets of 15 per workout! Staying consistent with your workouts will help you to achieve the results you want. Remember exercise alone isn’t enough. You should also maintain a healthy diet and consume lots of water daily.
Need some encouragement? Follow these five fitness Instagram accounts to help you stay focused:
Since converting to a more healthy lifestyle, I have more energy, and it has definitely helped to boost my confidence. Good luck on your fitness journey! Consistency and dedication is key!